This moist, guilt free and delicious vegan carrot cake is the perfect dessert for the family or an afternoon snack paired with coffee. The preparation and baking time takes about 2 hours maximum.
- 200 grams vegan butter or margarine (soft)
- 50 grams brown or coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- chia egg (made with chia seeds and water)
- 1 lemon ( juice and zest)
- 150 g flour ( I used 50 g each of whole grain, rye and chickpea flour)
- 150 g grounded almonds
- 500 g carrots ( grated)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- In a mixing bowl, add the butter, sugar, vanilla paste, cinnamon and salt together and mix.
- When the ingredients above is mixed nicely, add the chia egg, grated carrots, lemon juice and zest.
- Lastly, add the flour, ground almonds and baking powder.
- When all the ingredients are mixed well, add the dough into a baking tray and bake for an hour at 180 degrees Celsius (don’t forget to preheat the oven).
- When you’ve finished baking, let it cool down for at least 30 minutes before serving.
SERVING SIZE 11 SLICES
306 CALORIES PER SERVING