Flammkuchen is a German dish and is composed of thinly rolled bread dough and toppings. It’s kinda like thin crust crispy pizza without the tomato sauce, usually with crème fraîche, cheese or quark . So, I made a delicious vegan version and used pesto instead!
- 200 g baby carrots
- 300 g cauliflower
- 200 g frozen green peas
- 100 g pesto
- 2 rectangular Flammkuchen dough (if you can’t find one you can make your own bread dough)
- Sunflower seeds
- Fresh basil
- In a large bowl, mix the baby carrots, cauliflower and green peas with 4 teaspoons of pesto and pinches of salt.
- Roll out the Flammkuchen dough on a baking paper and spread the rest of the pesto on the dough.
- Add the mixed vegetables and sunflower seeds on top of the dough.
- Bake the Flammkuchen for 15 minutes on a preheated oven at 220 degrees Celsius.
- Serve the Flammkuchen with fresh basil on top.