Once you’ve had German style bread, you’ll never look at bread the same way again. My boyfriend’s mom shared with me this recipe when she gave me a pampered chef stoneware for baking. It’s delicious, filling and vegan!
- 1 cube or 42 grams of dry yeast
- 500 ml water
- 45 ml apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons bread spice (mixture of dried cumin, anise, fennel and coriander)
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 500 grams Rye Flour
- 200 grams sunflower seeds and flax seeds
- In a cooking bowl, put the 500ml water and heat until lukewarm then add the yeast and stir for a few minutes until dissolved.
- Add all the ingredients all together using a hand mixer until it is mixed properly.
- Spray a little bit of oil into the mold and add the dough.
- Sprinkle a few seeds on top of the dough.
- Place the stoneware in the oven (no need to pre-heat when using a stoneware) at 230 degrees Celsius for 1 hour.
- Take out the bread out of the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.