Risotto has been my go to meal when I don’t have so much time in the kitchen. It’s so quick to make and at the same time having risotto feels like you’re ordering from a nice restaurant. You can do so many dishes with risotto but this time I made it with red cabbage. Red cabbage is nutrient dense and becomes sweet when cooked which makes it so yummy!
- 2 cups risotto
- 200 grams red cabbage
- 1 medium sized white onion
- 1 teaspoon sunflower oil
- 5 baby potatoes
- 1 vegetable bouillon
- onion powder
- fresh parsley
- nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper
- Cut the onions and potatoes into small bite size pieces and slice the red cabbage into long thin slices.
- Heat the pan with sunflower oil and saute the onions for 2 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and continue cooking for another 2 minutes.
- Add the 2 cups of risotto, vegetable bouillon, half a teaspoon of onion powder, nutritional yeast and 2 cups of water. Let it simmer for 10 minutes. Adding more 2 cups of water slowly when the risotto absorbs all the liquid.
- After 10 minutes, add the red cabbage and let it cook for another 10 minutes. You need to keep stirring every now and then so the risotto doesn’t get too dry.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and top with fresh parsley.