Couscous looks like rice but it’s actually pasta made of semolina wheat. You can create different kinds of dishes with it and I made a quick and easy veggie version with my couscous.
- 250 g couscous
- 2 medium sized carrots
- 200 g asparagus
- Frozen peas
- Cashew nuts
- 1 small shallot
- 2 cloves garlic
- Paprika powder
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 Lemon
- 1 vegetable bouillon or vegetable broth
- Crush and slice the garlic and shallots. Cut the tip or the woody part of the asparagus (here’s how you do it) and the carrots in small cubes.
- On a large pan, heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil and saute the shallots and garlic for 2 minutes or when they turn golden brown.
- Add the asparagus, carrots and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the couscous, 2 cups of water and the vegetable bouillon but if your using vegetable broth no need to add water.
- Season with half a teaspoon of paprika powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
- The couscous that I got cooks in just 5 minutes so after 3 minutes I added the frozen peas.
- When the couscous is ready, add the cashew seeds on top, and squeeze half of a lemon.
SERVING SIZE: 2 PEOPLE