I’m so happy that I found pre made Falafels at our local grocery store. You can also make it from scratch (will try to make one soon) but if you can find it at your supermarket then you can make a falafel bowl like I did! It was so unbelievably delicious and was very easy to make.
- 200 g store bought vegan falafels
- 2 cups of 6- Korn Mischung or any grain you prefer (brown rice, buckwheat, quinoa,etc)
- 200 g asparagus
- Iceberg lettuce
- Apple cider vinegar
- Salt and Pepper
- Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- Pre-heat your oven at 200 degrees celsius.
- Cook your grains first since this one takes the longest. I used 6 types of grains that we got from Germany and took about 45 minutes to cook. Rice, Quinoa or Buckwheat are great alternatives since it’s easy to find and quick to cook.
- Cut your asparagus and season with salt, pepper, marjoram and a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar. Set aside on a baking tray.
- For the salad- Cut 1 tomato, a few leaves of iceberg lettuce, cucumber, half a shallot and a handful of arugula. Dress with a dash of salt, pepper, marjoram and a squeeze of half a lemon. Set aside for later.
- For the dressing- On a hand mixer Braun Aperitive MQ 745 Aperitif HAND BLENDER Edelstahl rostfrei Schwarz or blender mix 2 teaspoons of tahini, half a lemon, 1 garlic clove, half a shallot, salt, pepper and cayenne powder to taste. You can be creative on how much you season your dressing.
- Put your falafel balls on a baking tray and cook for 12 minutes on 200 degrees. Check your the label on your falafels how long it would take to cook though because not all have the same cooking times. Five minutes before your falafels are done, add the asparagus inside your oven
- After baking, it’s time to put it all together in your bowl! Drizzle your falafels with the tahini sauce and your good to go!