Pomodoro sauce is quite easy to make so I added some kale, mushrooms and artichoke hearts to make it more interesting and flavorful. It sounds intimidating with all the other ingredients but trust me it’s so quick to make!
- 500 g pasta
- Artichoke hearts (store bought)
- Champignon mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic
- Medium sized red onion
- Italian herbs mix
- Salt and pepper
- Nutritional yeast
- Paprika powder
- Dried chili seeds (optional)
- Olive oil
- 400 g canned tomato sauce
- Crush and finely chop the garlic. Slice thinly the onions, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, kale and set it aside for later.
- Heat up your large pan with 2 teaspoons of olive oil.
- Saute the garlic and onions on medium heat for about 2 minutes or when they turn slightly brown.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes then add the tomato sauce, 5 teaspoons of Italian herbs mix, half a teaspoon of salt, pepper and paprika powder.
- Le it simmer for about 5 minutes then add the artichoke hearts and add a teaspoon of nutritional yeast for an umami/ cheesy flavor.
- After 2 minutes, add the kale and let it cook for another 3 minutes and your sauce is done.
- Fill up a large pot with water and let it boil for your pasta. You can use any type of pasta you like but I used Trofie Liguri, a short thin twisted type of pasta.
- Pastas have different cooking times so you must check the label on your pasta how long it would take.
- Once the pasta is cooked, put it on a plate and add the sauce on top. I also added nutritional yeast on top, freshly crushed pepper and dried chili seeds.
SERVING SIZE: 2 PEOPLE