Pancit is a Filipino dish and is very popular in most Filipino celebrations like birthdays and fiestas. I usually cook pancit whenever I miss home and my vegan recipe is as good as the original.
- 1 medium sized red onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 large red paprika/ bell pepper
- 3 medium sized carrots
- half floret broccoli
- half floret cauliflower
- soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- smoked tofu
- 100 g chinese noodles
- 100 g thin vermicelli noodles
- sunflower oil
- paprika powder
- dried chili (optional)
- Cut the carrots and paprika into thin strips then the broccoli and cauliflower into bite sizes and set aside.
- Take out your wok or any large pan. Crush the garlic, slice the onion and saute in sunflower oil for 2 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, cauliflower then add 2 teaspoons of soy sauce, 2 cups of water and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots and paprika and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add half a teaspoon of salt, pepper, paprika powder and dried chili (optional).
- Boil some water and soak the noodles and vermicelli for 3 minutes.
- Add the noodles and vermicelli with the vegetables, cut the tofu into bite sizes and add as well.
- Cook and mix everything together for another 3 minutes and enjoy!