A soup is usually an appetizer but not this one! You can have this hearty soup for lunch or dinner and it will leave you full and satisfied. You can also have this with a slice of bread on the side if you wish.
- 500 g pumpkin
- 200 g carrots
- 200 g potatoes
- Bay leaves
- Paprika powder
- 250 ml Coconut milk
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 medium sized red onion
- Vegetable Bouillon or stock
- Peel the pumpkin, carrots and potatoes and dice them into medium sizes.
- Peel and crush the garlic and a thumb sized ginger then slice the onions.
- Place the pumpkin, carrots, potatoes, crushed garlic and ginger, onions, 3 bay leaves, half teaspoon of paprika, turmeric, salt and pepper on a large pot. Boil for about 20 minutes with 500 ml of vegetable broth or water with vegetable bouillon.
- Add the coconut milk until the vegetables are soft and ready to blend. You can also add more water if you want your soup to be less thick.
- When the vegetables are soft, remove the bay leaves and blend all with a hand mixer. I use the Braun Aperitive MQ 745 Aperitif HAND BLENDER Edelstahl rostfrei Schwarz or if you don’t have one you can put it on a blender or just mash it with a fork.
- Taste the soup and add salt, pepper or any condiment you like to add to make it more delicious.