Having good bread is a staple in our household and ever since I succeeded in making one I enjoy baking bread at least once in two weeks.
Sometimes I forget how easy it is to make bread especially when life gets busy. Baking bread is so simple, though you need a hour to bake it you only need a few ingredients.
Flammkuchen is a German dish and is composed of thinly rolled bread dough and toppings. It’s kinda like thin crust crispy pizza without the tomato sauce, usually with crème fraîche, cheese or quark . So, I made a delicious vegan version and used pesto instead!
I love making pancakes on Sundays but now that we have to stay at home, any day is pancake day! Hearty because I added seeds, nuts, oats and fruits to make this a little extra.
- Old fashioned oats
- Chia seeds
- Flax seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Cinnamon powder
- Baking soda
- Plant milk
- Cashew nuts
- Add the 2 tablespoons each of chia seeds, flax seeds and pumpkin seeds in a blender and blend until it has a powderlike consistency.
- On a large mixing bowl, add 2 ripe bananas and mash.
- Add the blended seeds with the bananas, 2 cups of flour, 1 cup of oats, 1 tablespoon of baking soda and 3 cups of plant milk.
- Mix everything together until it turns into a batter.
- On a warm skillet, cook the batter between 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Stack them together and add fresh bananas, kiwis, nuts and cinnamon powder.
- You can also add maple syrup or jam for additional sweetness!
SERVING SIZE: 2-3 PEOPLE
Now is the time to slow down and make a beautiful and nutritious breakfast at home. Winter went by so quickly so I made a superfood spring smoothie bowl to keep that immune system strong.
I was craving for some Filipino comfort food so I decided to make vegan adobo. I made them with mushrooms but you can also use tofu or seitan, the secret is just the simply sauce.
Once you’ve had German style bread, you’ll never look at bread the same way again. My boyfriend’s mom shared with me this recipe when she gave me a pampered chef stoneware for baking. It’s delicious, filling and vegan!
Making brownies from scratch can be time consuming and the ones in box are not as good as the homemade ones. I made some vegan brownies in under 30 minutes and they are soft and yummy!
Ah, the Big Apple! We have been looking forward for this trip and we were quite overwhelmed- in a good way especially with food. We couldn’t go to all the places on our list because there were just too many options. Being vegan in New York is not hard at all in fact you can get spoiled, so here are some places we went to for food.
Italy is one of the countries you would visit not just for the culture, architecture or fashion but also for its amazing food! If you’re vegan you’ll be surprised how easy it is to find plant based food in Milan, even a Michelin star quality one.